If you are planning to sell your house in Massapequa, you may be wondering how to go about dealing with offers as they come in. After all, such a large transaction should certainly be considered with care, as you will only want to accept the best offer!
With many offers that could come in on your house for sale, are you aware of how to deal with them?
We understand just how important it is to be knowledgeable about how to deal with handling offers if you are to sell your house in Massapequa! That’s why, here at Kim Holland Homes, as Massapequa real estate agents, we have gathered some tips to assist you with doing so. Therefore, if you are all set to learn more, be sure to read on:
- What Is an Offer? First off, you will want to know that an offer is simply a legal document which displays the price that a potential home buyer is proposing to pay, which may or may not be the same as the listing price of the home.
- What Is Included in an Offer? Overall, an offer includes an array of details! The most common details are the purchase price, expiration date of the offer, the down payment amount, financing terms, contingencies, attorney information and closing date.
- What Can the Seller Do With the Offer? In general, if you are to sell your house in Massapequa, once you receive an offer, know that you typically have three options. Option one would be to accept the offer, while option two would be to of course decline the offer. Last, know that option three would be to counter the offer, which you and your real estate agent would work together to do.
- What Terms Are Associated With Offers? Of course, if you are to sell your house in Massapequa, you will want to opt for the highest price possible. However, know that terms are just as important! For example, does the buyer have to put their house on the market to get the funds to buy yours? In addition, you will want to know if the buyer has any contingencies, such as being able to back out if the home does not appraise or they need a Sellers Concession.
- What Will Your Real Estate Agent Handle for You? When dealing with offers, know that you won’t be left to handle them all on your own! By working with a real estate agent, know that many details will be taken care of for you. Some of the most common tasks handled by real estate agents are reviewing offers with the sellers, giving an assessment of the offer’s quality, preparing a counter-offer, negotiating with the buyer on the seller’s behalf, preparing all of the necessary documents, as well as communicating with you, as the seller, throughout the entire process.
If you are to sell your house in Massapequa, you will certainly want to accept the best offer! These are just a few tips to assist you with dealing with yours.
If you are searching for a real estate agent in Massapequa, New York to conduct your own home-buying or selling process with, please contact us with us here at Kim Holland Homes! With years of experience under our belts, we are all set to assist you.