If you are putting your home on the market, you will certainly want to sell it quickly, as well as get the price that you are asking. Therefore, it’s important that you create it to be as appealing as possible to potential buyers!
Even if your home is free of repairs, clean, and overall a wonderful property, this doesn’t mean that you can’t go the extra mile to make it truly stand out among the other homes on the market. Therefore, you will certainly want to consider staging yours.
We believe that staging a home that is ready to be sold is the perfect way to speed up the selling process! That’s why, here at Kim Holland Homes, as Massapequa realtors, we have gathered some tips to assist you with staging your own home. So, if you are all set to discover some great inspiration, be sure to read on:
- Curb Appeal: First off, know that the first glimpse that potential buyers will get of your home will be the outside. Therefore, you will want to attract them to your property, before they even step foot through the door. You can lure potential buyers to your home by boosting your curb appeal. Ensure that your lawn is freshly mowed, create an inviting porch with lighting, and even consider presenting potted flowers and furniture. In addition, keep walkways swept and free and debris, and windows washed.
- Repair: Even the littlest nail hole in a wall can turn off a potential buyer. Therefore, you will want to make sure that you conduct any aesthetic repairs that can be seen. Make your rounds throughout your home to ensure that all dings, scratches, holes, and even burnt out lightbulbs, are all taken care of.
- Paint: Everyone has their own style. However, you will want to provide your potential buyers with the opportunity to envision themselves within your home. Therefore, know that by having your walls showcasing neutral colors is the perfect way to do so. Whites, off-whites, greys; there are a multitude of neutral colors that could be chosen to have your home highlighting a more modern aesthetic, which is certainly ideal when it comes to selling. So, ensure that any colored or wallpapered walls are covered up with a fresh coat of paint.
- De-Clutter: By de-cluttering your home, know that it will assist spaces throughout it to appear more open and welcoming. So, you will want any items that aren’t considered “elements of décor” to be stowed away. By not leaving your keys and purses among tables, or shoes left out on the floor, you can create an organized and inviting appearance.
- De-Personalize: As previously mentioned, you will want potential buyers to be able to envision themselves living within your home. Therefore, it’s best to de-personalize it! So, you will want to remove any personal photos or belongings, and even toys, and replace them with modern elements of décor. In addition, you will want to keep your toiletries put away as well, such as by removing all items from your baths and showers, such as washes, along with ensuring that toothbrushes aren’t left out, garbage cans, and even the dish soap among your kitchen sink.
- The most important element when it comes to staging a home is making sure that it shines! Each and every detail, no matter how big or small, should be clean. This means that any dust or cobwebs should be entirely gone, all windows should be washed, baseboards should be wiped down, floors should be free of debris, and even cabinet knobs and light switches should be cleaned. Overall, make sure your home is immaculate!
By staging your home, you have the opportunity to speed up its sale! These are just a few tips to assist you with doing so.
If you are ready to sell your own home with a realtor in Massapequa, New York, please take a moment to contact us here at Kim Holland Homes! We have years of experience guiding people through the home selling process, and would be excited with the opportunity to do the same with you.